Friday, January 6, 2012

Some more projects for 2012.

In an earlier post, I mentioned the fact that I had to rebuild my arena from the ground up. As it turns out, there are actually quite a few projects popping up, and it's still only the first week of the new year. I guess I'll make a list here, and hopefully some of my readers can offer some advice on each one. Questions are in bold.


  • The arena is being regraded, extended to 100x200, then filled with sand. For an all around arena (dressage, jumping, reining, barrels) how deep do you prefer your sand footing?
  • We are building a cabinet/counter with sinks in the wash rack. 
  • Matting the wash stall floor (currently it is just textured concrete. What is your choice for wash stall footing?
  • Getting automatic water put in all of the stalls. I was considering Nelson waterers. Are there any other brands that you recommend? 
I'm sure that I will have more to add later. I came down with something yesterday and I still feel horrible. I ate a donut for breakfast and within 20 minutes my throat had gotten sore and I was stuffy. Last night it turned into flu-like symptoms, so I'm pretty confused about that. I have more to post about in a bit.

Happy Horsing!

1 comment:

  1. Hello there......thanks for stopping by my blog.
    I used to have about five horses....miss them tons:(

    SO nice to meet you!

    Inspiration for you, your home, & everywhere in between!

    ReplyDelete