I hope everyone has had a safe and fun New Year's Eve! Now its time to make some resolutions! I have quite a few, so I have chosen some of the most important ones to share with my followers (and feel free to share yours)!
- Quit my dead-end job as a retail sales associate when I finally get that job I have always dreamt of as a barn manager. I have recently found one and am waiting for a reply from, and it sounds great. Just over an hour away, working Monday-Thursday from 8am-5pm. That would give me 3 days a week home (including crucial weekends for horse shows) as well as evenings with my own horses
- Show more. Period. Get to AQHA Congress or qualify for the American Eventing Championships would be AMAZING.
- Take more photos. My dream is to be a professional photographer, and that is never going to happen if I just pass by my camera day in and day out. I have the talent and the schooling to use it, and I have been blessed with the support of the tools needed (a Canon 50D, numerous lenses, and a flash). Now all I need is to MAKE the motivation be there.
- Lose the 35 pounds that I have gained back this year, for my health and for my riding career. The extra weight has caused my depression and anxiety to flare back up, and without the extra weight I will be far more efficient in the saddle.
- Rebuild the arena (as talked about in my last blog post), build a few outdoor corrals, and re-fence all of the pastures.
- Hold a summer day camp for underprivileged children. Somewhere where they can spend a few hours learning about horses, grooming, playing games, and riding.
- Help a Make A Wish child's dream come true.
- Raise $1000 to donate to donate for breast cancer research.
I have so many more, but the list could go on and on. What are some of YOUR new year goals and resolutions?